Residential Glass Stair Railings – Glass Doctor
Residential glass stair railings are growing in popularity and for a good reason! They’re attractive, make spaces seem larger and are adaptable to a variety of areas. Many will wonder if glass rails for stairs, decks or balconies will work for their specific property. At Glass Doctor, we’re excited to offer glass railing solutions that can be customized to work for virtually any space. They’re a safe, durable and modern alternative for interior and exterior stairs and balconies.
The Pros of Glass Handrails
Glass stair railings are prized for the feeling of spaciousness they promote in a property. Most importantly, glass handrails are safe for interior or exterior use. Whether you’re remodeling your home or building new, a glass stair railing can impart a feeling of openness in your space.
Glass Stair Railing Pros
- Aesthetic appeal. It’s up to personal preference, but many modern homeowners prefer a sleek or minimal look.
- Light, open spaces. For small or dark stairwells, glass railings allow more natural light into the space.
- Design versatility. There are many options for what kind of glass you can use on a glass stair railing. Choose from frosted, textured, tinted or carved glass to incorporate the desired aesthetic.
- Durability. Interior and exterior glass rail systems do not degrade or decay. Generally, they’re more durable than wooden or even iron spindles and rails.
- Low maintenance. Other than regular cleaning, glass handrail systems are virtually maintenance-free.
- Resale value. A timeless, top-quality railing system may significantly increase the resale value of your home.
- Eco-friendly building. Unlike other material options, glass railings are recyclable.
Glass Railing System Options
Now that you have chosen to install a glass railing in your home, the next step is to consider your options.
Glass railing systems can be classified as framed or unframed.
There are three common glass railing systems to choose from for interior use in your home, including:
- Dadoed Glass Railing: This glass railing is designed to be framed within a wooden or metal banister, which means there are no clips to hold glass panels together, giving it a seamless look.
- Standoff Glass Railing: In this glass railing system, the panes of glass are secured with “standoffs” (round stainless-steel cylinders), making this a frameless system with minimal visible hardware.
- Clamped Glass Railings: Clamped glass systems are designed with separated glass panels commonly clamped together on posts or the railing itself.
Glass railing systems are custom fit for your space. The size of the panes and the thickness of the glass will depend on the system selected. Your local Glass Doctor will work with you to choose, customizeandinstalltheinteriorglassrailingsystemthat’srightfor your home.
Ready to Install Your New Handrail?
If a glass handrail system is right for your home, don’t delay! At Glass Doctor in Sioux Falls, we are committed to helping you with all your glass needs—including selecting your new handrail system. We’re here to assist you with every step of the process, from consultation to installation. Call Glass Doctor to begin your renovation or request an appointment online.